Hi guys! I’m finally done with my SAT prep classes for the summer and I’m back with another tutorial! My little cousin’s favorite show to watch is Anpanman so I decided to make a tutorial on how to draw Anpanman since I’ll be visiting my cousins in Vancouver this week. Anpanman is the main character of Soreike! Anpanman whose head is a bun made by Uncle Jam. His name comes from the fact that his head is made of bread filled with red bean paste. This bun is called an anpan.
First, draw a big circle for the head.
Next, draw a smaller circle for the nose and two half-ovals for the cheeks.
Draw in the eyes, eyebrows, and a huge smile. 🙂
Next, start drawing the arms by sketching the forearms and fists.
Next, sketch the cape and the knot of the cape in the front.
Finish the upper body and then sketch in his belt and smiley face buckle. Then draw the ends of his shirt.
Finish the sketch by drawing in the legs, feet, and boot lines. Erase any mistakes.
Have fun coloring it in!
Attack on Titan has been extremely popular lately especially among people who don’t usually watch anime. For Halloween at my school, a lot of people cosplayed as Eren or Mikasa with the Survey Corps. uniform on, and none of the people were Asian, which just shows how popular the show’s gotten. Since this series is so popular, I decided to do a recommendation for it. If you’ve seen clips of any episodes you might have seen huge, hulking figures that look like people except for the fact that they’re limbs are sometimes grotesquely unproportional and that they eat people. Yup, the titans eat people. The story initially centers on Eren Yeager, his adopted sister Mikasa Ackerman, and childhood friend Armin Arlert, who join the military to fight the Titans after their home town is invaded and Eren’s mother is eaten. This series is pretty bloody and grotesque especially when people get eaten but overall has good action scenes and a very interesting story and background (hopefully they have a second series to explain the background). Overall, Attack on Titan is a bloody, intense series with interesting plot twists and awesome characters. Many people found this series gruesome, but I still really enjoyed it. If you watch this one, hope you guys enjoy it and have an awesome summer ninjas!
P.S. Can I just say that the theme song is epic? Even my brother likes it, and he’s not even into anime! 😉
This is my freehand drawing of Edward and Alphonse Elric from the anime series Fullmetal Alchemist. My friend was trying to convince me to start watching anime and this is the first one that he recommended and the first one that I watched. I would definitely recommend this series for new anime watchers as well, besides the fact that there are a LOT of episodes. There is a total of 51 episodes in the original series and a grand total of 64 episodes in the reboot series Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Compared to other popular anime series such as One Piece and Naruto, this number of episodes may not actually be as overwhelming (One Piece has 516 episodes altogether and more to come), but it can still take a good part of your summer to finish watching both. Set in a fictional universe in which alchemy is one of the most advanced scientific techniques, the story follows the Elric brothers Edward and Alphonse, who are searching for a philosopher’s stone to restore their bodies after a failed attempt to bring their mother back to life using alchemy. This series is full of action and emotional feels. It also has a bit of blood so if you get queasy at the sight of blood I don’t recommend watching. If you decide to watch this series then I hope you enjoy and stay awesome ninjas!
1. Begin by making a circle for the head, then draw the body shape. Make the tail line with the electric bolt pattern at the end.
2. Begin drawing out the structure of the face. Draw the two horns like so, and add some fluff on the head.
3. Now draw in the face. Start with the eyes, then draw the round marks for the cheeks. Line the tips of the horns, then draw the tongue and the nostrils.
4. Draw the back of the neck, then draw the front which turns into the chest. Draw the start of the front legs, then add detailing on the chest.
5. Draw the back, then draw in the hind leg. Draw the toes, then draw the thick tail.
6. Lastly, draw in the bat style wings, then draw in the talons which should look sharp. Add the details to the wings, then draw the tuft of hair on the back of the neck. Erase the mistakes and guidelines.
7. Here is what your drawing of a Pikachu dragon should look like when you are done. Now all you have to do is color him in.
Please comment if you want this pic! ^-^
1. Draw the guides for Lugia.
2. Next, draw the head shape, as well as the muzzle.
3. Draw the eye. Don’t forget that dented indication of brow at the middle of the forehead.
4. Next, draw the lower jaw, and the pupil. Begin with the jaw first, and then the tongue.
5. Lastly, draw the long snaking neck.
6. Once you’ve completed the steps above, you should have something like this.
Please comment if you want this pic! ^-^
Here is a dragon that brings back the traditional style of dragon with the serpentine look similar to the Chinese dragons.
1. To start, we will need to draw a shape that is circular for the dragon’s body pose of motion. Begin with one single stroke that is capped with a head shape and sectioned off with an oblong shape for the moon dragon’s body.
2. For step two, you will begin sketching out the dragon’s head from a profile state. Start with the jaw, and then continue on from there by incorporating the snout, face, and horns.
3. Now you will sketch in the detailing to the face like the scale lines that flow down the horns and face. When that is done, draw in the eye and the nostrils, then carefully sketch in the frills behind the jawline and for the beard.
4. Now that the head is complete, you can proceed with drawing the first part of the body which starts with the neck, then turns into the chest and mid section. Draw the front legs like so, and be sure to sketch in the detailing for the legs as well.
5. Instead of the body, draw out the wings in a way that covers the body completely in a cloak-like fashion. The edges of the wings should be drawn with a wispy cloud-like design, or you can choose to go with a style that you think would look better. Add detailing throughout, then proceed to step six.
6. Only one more drawing step after this one, so hang in there. What you will need to do now is draw out the rest of the body which is the bottom section and the tail. Draw the back leg in a relaxed manner, then sketch out the talons. Add detailing to the foot like so, then you are done here.
7. Lastly, draw out the other wing that will only be visible because it is wrapping on the body like you see here. Make the edges the same way you did previously, then sketch in the final definitions and detailing all over the body where needed. Erase the mistakes that you might have made along the way.
8. Now all you have to do is color or shade it in. Here is what the entire image looks like all shaded in. I hope you liked this lesson, because I know I loved drawing this dragon.